maryanne (they/she) has provided counselling and social work services to a wide range of individuals since 2012, including:
· Second-generation diaspora
· Folks with disabilities and/or neurodivergence
· Seniors aging in place
· Caregivers of vulnerable adults
· Poly/ethical non-monogamy
maryanne has both professional and lived experience in these areas:
· navigating multiple group memberships (e.g. sexuality and cultural minority; gender and disability)
· traversing daily life with neurodivergence
· self-esteem, anxiety, depression, perfectionism
· exploring sexuality and gender (including initial conversations about hormone therapies)
· alternate relationship configurations
· life transitions
· Medically based services
· advance care planning and end-of-life planning
· Medical Assistance in Dying
· adjustment to changes in ability
· caregiver burnout
· navigating medical systems
Counselling Style and Focus: maryanne uses an integrative counselling style, pulling from person-centered, narrative, somatic, internal family systems, and evidence-based traditions (if requested). Their perspective is inflected with an intersectional feminist social justice lens.
What are sessions with maryanne like?
maryanne approaches their work with a relationally accountable, inquisitive spirit and trauma-aware, harm reduction approach. Sessions often feel like a friendly conversation – both laughter and inconveniently truthful reflections are commonplace. Expect to explore both your internal landscape and the larger systems in society impacting what we think/feel. With Maryanne’s social work hat on, problem-solving, brainstorming, planning, medical systems navigation, and supportive resource scaffolding are possible.
If you are in a life threatening situation - don’t use this site. Call +1 (800) 273-8255 to get immediate help. Clinicians are listed in the Directory based on references, self-reported training and experience . Inclusion does not constitute any form of endorsement of the clinician’s professional skills. AMHC does not receive commission from any practitioners listed in our Directory.